52: Glorivette & Rox (Queerdos) & Queer POC Resistance
WELCOME TO THE EDUPUNX PODCAST
Glorivette and Rox run the Queerdos Brand, which is a DIY activist clothing brand meant to uplift and empower the experiences and humanity of queer people of color. The two were inspired by the recent insurgence of "The Future is Female" shirts, but they wanted to focus on the broader queer community in order to encompass folx regardless of gender and orientation.
We had a bi-coastal conversation this week, in which we discuss the struggles of being a queer person of color - and all of the cultural stigmas that are then piled onto societal stigmas. The conversation also veers into the hope we can create in solidarity with one another in the queer community and what that looks like in today's political climate. Glori and Rox are great people and we're so thankful they both took time out of their day to share such a thoughtful conversation and we hope you dig it!
- This week we shared tunes from the new Mint Green EP, "Headspace," which came out on August 3.
- Mint Green is a great Boston-based Indie punk band who is always playing out, gigging, and making fantastic fun tunes - we played the songs, "June 2," and "Foggy" for you on this episode!
- The EP is currently available FOR DOWNLOAD on their bandcamp site, so you have no reason to not download this album right now!
As always, you can CHECK OUT THE NEW SPOTIFY PLAYLIST!
- Make sure you visit the Queerdos Webstore and get yourself a shirt or some stickers!
- As we cover in the podcast, Queerdos is a DIY collective for queer people of color to proudly express their identities in public - during a time in which the queer community needs to be stronger than ever!
- You can follow Queerdos on Instagram so you can keep up on their work.
- Not to be confused with the Queerdos podcast - but that is also a fantastic resource for all your queer weirdos out there!
And as always, you can now join our Facebook community by CLICKING HERE!
FOLLOW, RATE, REVIEW, SUBSCRIBE, AND SHARE!
- Any love on the iTunes app helps! CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE ITUNES STORE!
- Don't forget, Android users - we are now on the Google Play Store!!
- We're also on Stitcher, so head over there if that's your preferred platform!
- Follow along on Instagram and Twitter @eduPUNXpod!
Thanks so much for tuning in and we will be back next week with a new episode!
Up the punx!
Let's get to work.