73: Jack Senff & the Act of Re-Inventing Yourself (Again)
Jack Senff is a singer-songwriter based out of Traverse City, Michigan. Jack has already had a wild ride through a number of genres and approaches to storytelling - especially as he’s transitioned from emo to post hardcore/skrams, and then into more contemporary indie jams - but now he’s truly on his own, using his own name, and releasing an incredibly stripped down release. Throughout his career, Jack has maintained his DIY ethics in touring, putting on gigs, and releasing his tunes - while continuing to amass and maintain a followership along the way.
Since Jack and I met a couple years ago, we’ve sort of felt like kindred spirits - hitting it off right away and with a tenacity as if we’d known each other for years. So this conversation is a continuation of us learning more about each other as we discuss Jack’s musical history, masculinity, storytelling, and what it looks like to reinvent yourself and to live various lives through music. We hope you enjoy!
You can watch his video for “Full Decay” below:
- This week you got to hear tunes from the new Jack M. Senff album, “Good to Know You,” which comes out September 6 through Skeletal Lightning Records.
- Jack Senff issues this album as his first true solo release of his career - while still relatively young, that career has included mass appeal from his previous acts, Merchant Ships, William Bonney, Knola, and Boy Rex. This album is the most stripped down release from Senff to date and serves as a testament to his vast abilities as songwriter.
- On this episode, you got to hear the tracks, “Redbird,” “Old Day,” and “Somewhere.” You can check out the his tunes through his Bandcamp page, and through all of the streaming platforms! Also, snag a vinyl copy of the album as well!
THE CONNECTEDU NETWORK
- This week, you got to learn about the ConnectEDU Network, of which this podcast is now a contributing member!
- ConnectEDU Network connects the unique perspectives and expert insight of higher education through podcasting. If you’re affiliated with higher education – from professor to director of marketing – you’ll be able to find a podcast that fits your style. Our podcasts are produced and hosted by passionate and innovative members of the field, all fueled by the excitement of the future of higher education.
- You should check out all of the Network’s content creators and podcasts right now if you’re looking for some new education-based pods!
And you can now join our Facebook community by CLICKING HERE!
THE ART OF SURVIVAL UPDATE
We've officially rebranded The Art of Survival and launched a revamping of our website - artissurvival.com! Check out the MANY resources we have available and please feel free to read our stories and share your own!
We are also excited to announce a brand new Patreon account - so if you would like to support our work, please check out your options of how to do so! Even $5/month can go a long way!
Check out the link here:
And if you haven't noticed, we're dedicating ourselves to the music scene moving forward - so if your band/venue would like to work with us, please reach out!
FOLLOW, RATE, REVIEW, SUBSCRIBE, AND SHARE!
- Any love on the iTunes app helps! CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE ITUNES STORE!
- Don't forget, Android users - we are now on the Google Play Store!!
- We're also FINALLY on Stitcher, so head over there if that's your preferred platform!
- Follow along on Instagram and Twitter @eduPUNXpod!
Thanks so much for tuning in - we will be back in two weeks with another great chat!