27: Amanda Myers & Adolescent School Psychology
Amanda Myers &
Adolescent School Psychology
WELCOME BACK FOR SEASON TWO OF THE EDUPUNX PODCAST!
We are back from vacation and ready to deliver more conversations with punk educators across the country! This week, Katy Hamm interviews their best friend and Skister (explained in the interview), Amanda Myers, who is a school psychologist in Wisconsin.
These two have known each other for a very long time and during our stay at Amanda's place in Madison, Katy pulled out the microphone they had a very chill chat about a variety of topics - from Amanda being fluent in Spanish and working with English Language Learners, to being a tattooed educator in the conservative Midwest, to the ins and outs of being a school psychologist, as well as what it looks like to come out as a queer woman a little later in life! Even after having a kid! Katy and Amanda get into what being an educator can teach us about parenting as well!
All this and more on the season two premiere of the eduPUNX Podcast!
- You got to hear tunes from a special compilation mixtape called, "We Believe You," that was curated by Old Press Records out of Salt Lake City, Utah.
- All proceeds (both digital and physical) go to RAINN. RAINN is America's largest anti-sexual violence organization.To learn more about RAINN, please visit rainn.org/about-rainn
- If you'd like to download the compilation or purchase a physical copy of the compilation, check it out here: http://music.oldpressrecords.com/album/we-believe-you
- In this episode you heard the tracks, "Figure 1 Repeated," by Lillith, "Embracing Facts (ver. 2.0)," by Into it. Over It., "Ralph Gets His Heart Broken," by Knope, and "Peter Frampton (From East Oakland)," by Pity Party.
As always, you can CHECK OUT THE NEW SPOTIFY PLAYLIST!
- This week we hyped the vinyl subscription service, Table Turned!
- Table-Turned is a DIY record-of-the-month club. Subscribers select from two genre options and receive a record each month for that genre, including some “classics” as well as albums they may have missed.
- Table-Turned was recently featured in Paste magazine AND in The Hype Magazine!
- Right now, folks can subscribe for either the Post-Hardcore genre option or the Shoegaze genre option $160 for an entire year. You will eventually be able to subscribe month-to-month for $15 a month. RESERVE YOUR COPIES NOW - you have just under TWO months to make this happen!
- To learn more and/or to start your subscription, visit Table-Turned.com!
FOLLOW, RATE, REVIEW, SUBSCRIBE, AND SHARE!
- Any love on the iTunes app helps! CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE ITUNES STORE!
- Don't forget, Android users - we are now on the Google Play Store!!
- Follow along on Instagram and Twitter @eduPUNXpod!
Thanks so much for tuning in and I'll see you next week!
Up the punx!
Let's get to work.
- May 2019 2
- April 2019 2
- February 2019 2
- January 2019 3
- December 2018 1
- November 2018 2
- October 2018 2
- September 2018 4
- August 2018 4
- July 2018 3
- June 2018 4
- May 2018 6
- April 2018 5
- March 2018 6
- February 2018 5
- January 2018 4
- December 2017 3
- November 2017 3
- October 2017 7
- September 2017 4
- August 2017 4
- July 2017 4
- June 2017 4