035: Survival Ain't Pretty (LIVE from Raritan Valley Community College)
WELCOME TO THE EDUPUNX PODCAST
This is a special episode of the podcast because it features a talk/performance that I gave at Raritan Valley Community College in Somerville/Bridgewater, New Jersey last week! The talk is called, "Survival Ain't Pretty," and it's a talk that I've delivered a few times now, and I love doing it because it allows me to include my music and my poetry throughout the talk of me describing my life as someone who has lived with, survived, and struggled with ADHD, addiction, and mental illness.
There is a lot covered in this talk, and I know it might feel like a lot to take in, but after having done this podcast for over 9 months now, I felt it was time to truly let folks in on who I am as a person, especially at such a pivotal moment in my life and my exploration of mental health support services. Being vulnerable like this isn't easy, but it's something I've become quite accustom to over the years.
If you like this talk that I deliver, please feel free to reach out with your thoughts, and if you'd like to book me to speak on your campus - please use my website (visit my Public Speaking page) or email me at CraigBidiman@gmail.com. I also cover the topics of sexual health, sexual assault prevention/consent, and leadership/authenticity.
And if you're interested in seeing some video from this talk, here is a link to me performing, "Sit Still."
Reminder: This episode was bumped up due to technical difficulties with this week's In Between Spins episode, which will post this weekend, so stay tuned!
- You get to hear tunes from my EP, "Farewell," as well as live recordings of me performing the song, "Taking its Toll," from my 2013 EP, "With Foreign Lips and Strange Tongues," AND a new song that's yet to be officially released, "Full of Fear."
- I also perform two spoken word pieces on this episode - one is called, "Bastard Son," and is also on the "Farewell" EP, the other is a brand new piece called, "Sit Still."
- If you like what you heard, please visit anotherpoormusician.bandcamp.com!
- Don't forget! You can use the promo code EDUPUNX over at Spartan Records to get 20% off your next purchase through their site!
As always, you can CHECK OUT THE NEW SPOTIFY PLAYLIST!
- This week, I shared information about the National Suicide Prevention lifeline. The holidays can be difficult for many people for many different reasons and sometimes it can feel like too much - so please know that you have an outlet in case you need someone to speak with when you aren't feeling great.
- Call 1-800-279-TALK (8255) if you need some support.
- And feel free to reach out to us on social or via email if you need someone to talk with as well! we're here for you - we love you.
FOLLOW, RATE, REVIEW, SUBSCRIBE, AND SHARE!
- Any love on the iTunes app helps! CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE ITUNES STORE!
- Don't forget, Android users - we are now on the Google Play Store!!
- We're also FINALLY on Stitcher, so head over there if that's your preferred platform!
- Follow along on Instagram and Twitter @eduPUNXpod!
Thanks so much for tuning in and I'll see you this weekend when we post the new episode of In Between Spins!
Up the punx!
Let's get to work.
- June 2017 4
- July 2017 4
- August 2017 4
- September 2017 4
- October 2017 7
- November 2017 3
- December 2017 3
- January 2018 4
- February 2018 5
- March 2018 6
- April 2018 5
- May 2018 6
- June 2018 4
- July 2018 3
- August 2018 4
- September 2018 4
- October 2018 2
- November 2018 2
- December 2018 1
- January 2019 3
- February 2019 2
- April 2019 2
- May 2019 2
- July 2019 1