20: Student Affairs Grad School Prep, part 1
Grad School Prep, part 1
WELCOME TO THE EDUPUNX PODCAST
A few weeks ago, I reached out to the Millennials in Student Affairs Facebook Group and shared an old blog post that I wrote three years ago with some tips on navigating and researching graduate programs in Student Affairs in Higher Education. From the response this post always receives, I wanted to also ask if any of my recent graduates/new professionals were willing to chat with me about their experiences in grad school. The five folks I speak with on this episode are all FRESH in the field, with no one having more than 3 years of post-grad professional experience. Granted, not all experiences will be represented here, but there truly are some dynamic perspectives and critical critiques of the field as a whole. So I hope you enjoy this first part of the chat. And stay tuned for part two next week!
THIS WEEK'S GUESTS ARE:
Institution: Coastal Carolina University (Conway, South Carolina)
Position: Community Coordinator
Grad school: Florida State University
Follow on Twitter: @LisaM_Gilbert
- You get to hear some tunes from the band, Neaux, which just released its debut LP, "Chain Up the Sun," through The Native Sound. Visit their bandcamp page here!
- Neaux is the new fuzzy shoegaze band featuring former VersaEmerge, frontwoman, Sierra Kay. Neaux is a different direction than the former band, but I honestly prefer this direction and it perfectly fits the trope of The Native Sound.
- Snag some physical copies of the new album - including an ultra clear and half pink/half white vinyl pressings - NOW!
- This week, I wanted to hype up my friend, Dustin Ramsdell's new podcast, the Higher Ed Geek Podcast! Dustin used to host the Student Affairs Collective Podcast and he's off on his own, seeking out the geeks in the field of Higher Education!
- The Higher Ed Geek Podcast launches TOMORROW! So give him a follow, and subscribe to the podcast - and in the meantime, while you wait for it to launch, you can peruse Dustin's site to see all the cool stuff he has done throughout his career so far.
FOLLOW, RATE, REVIEW, SUBSCRIBE, AND SHARE!
- Any love on the iTunes app helps! CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE ITUNES STORE!
- Follow along on Instagram and Twitter @eduPUNXpod!
Thanks so much for tuning in and I'll see you next week!
Up the punx!
Let's get to work.
- February 2019 1
- January 2019 3
- December 2018 1
- November 2018 2
- October 2018 2
- September 2018 4
- August 2018 4
- July 2018 3
- June 2018 4
- May 2018 6
- April 2018 5
- March 2018 6
- February 2018 5
- January 2018 4
- December 2017 3
- November 2017 3
- October 2017 7
- September 2017 4
- August 2017 4
- July 2017 4
- June 2017 4