24: Katy Hamm & Craig Catch up a little bit...
Katy Hamm &
Craig Catch up a little bit...
WELCOME TO THE EDUPUNX PODCAST
Katy Hamm hasn't been on the podcast in a few weeks, so we wanted to catch up a little bit on some boring tax stuff, implications regarding student loans, tuition waivers, and money in general. We also dig into sexual assault prevention and the role our nonprofit plays in this prevention work! We laugh, we cry, we get confused over all this tax stuff - it's weird. But hey! It's another day in the life podcast from Katy and Craig and we hope you enjoy it!
Also, heads up! There are a fuck-word or two in this episode because Katy and Craig have no more to give!
- Student debt reached $1.3 Trillion!
- Chronicle article on what the passage of the Senate tax plan means for colleges.
- Inside Higher Ed article about what the tax plan means for colleges and students.
- How the tax reform impacts graduate students and student loan deductions.
- Guilt of the first-gen college student.
- And if all that wasn't enough, the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program - a program Craig is enrolled in - might disappear.
- Katy has written extensively about their traumas on our Art of Survival site and is very public with their experiences.
- This week, we shared the song, "In Love or Whatever," by Future Teens, which is a song off their new album, "Hard Feelings." The album was released by Take This to Heart Records in September and you should definitely stream the entire album right now.
- If you liked what you heard, and want to snag a physical copy of the new Future Teens album, make sure you visit futureteens.bandcamp.com!
- And here's a link to the sweet music video for "In Love or Whatever," by Future Teens as well!
- Today's episode is selfishly sponsored by our own nonprofit, The Art of Survival! You can check out more about what we do for survivors of trauma, by visiting www.artissurvival.com.
- We are back after taking a few months off from sharing stories and we are excited to continue sharing powerful and important experiences from people all over the world.
FOLLOW, RATE, REVIEW, SUBSCRIBE, AND SHARE!
- Any love on the iTunes app helps! CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE ITUNES STORE!
- Follow along on Instagram and Twitter @eduPUNXpod!
Thanks so much for tuning in and I'll see you next week!
Up the punx!
Let's get to work.
- May 2019 2
- April 2019 2
- February 2019 2
- January 2019 3
- December 2018 1
- November 2018 2
- October 2018 2
- September 2018 4
- August 2018 4
- July 2018 3
- June 2018 4
- May 2018 6
- April 2018 5
- March 2018 6
- February 2018 5
- January 2018 4
- December 2017 3
- November 2017 3
- October 2017 7
- September 2017 4
- August 2017 4
- July 2017 4
- June 2017 4