45: Aria Carpenter & Trans Sex-Positive Education
45: Aria Carpenter
& Trans Sex-Positive Education
WELCOME TO THE EDUPUNX PODCAST!
Aria Carpenter loves sex. Aria also loves educating folks about sex! So it's a great thing that she works for a sex toy shop called Good Vibrations here in Massachusetts. Aria is not only highly informed on understanding different sex toys, lubes, and condoms, she is also adept at leading workshops and educational opportunities for colleges and other work spaces. So this is going to be our most sexually explicit conversation to date - and that's a good thing because frank conversations on sex need to happen more often.
Since Craig and Aria are both sexual health educators, this conversations dives into a lot of their work and their differing perspectives as Craig is a cis-man and Aria is a Trans woman. Ultimately, it's a conversation that explores sex positivity, pronoun use, and the reality that we're always going to offend people and that's okay - but how we follow up matters. Aria is a very outspoken activist and is actually one of Katy's former students, and in the fall, she was featured in this Boston Globe piece about the trans student experience at Lesley University.
This is truly an expansive conversation that will even branch into an extra episode this weekend, so stick around for more!
- This week, since it's PRIDE MONTH, we shared information on the Trevor Project.
- Founded in 1998 by the creators of the Academy Award®-winning short film TREVOR, The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ) young people under 25.
- Visit theTrevorProject.org to learn more about their services, and make sure to share their 24/7 lifeline, 1-866-488-7386.
- You can also donate to support the folks that work for the Trevor Project so they can continue to provide all of the services they provide as well!
- This week we shared tunes from the new Cosmic Johnny album, "Good Grief," which came out on April 28. Cosmic Johnny is a fantastic queer emo pop band from Massachusetts that we love - so please give them some support!
- We shared the songs, "To Get out of Bed and Never Starve," and "Hell is a Basement."
- The album is currently available FOR DOWNLOAD on their bandcamp site, so you have no reason to not download this album right now!
As always, you can CHECK OUT THE NEW SPOTIFY PLAYLIST!
FOLLOW, RATE, REVIEW, SUBSCRIBE, AND SHARE!
- Any love on the iTunes app helps! CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE ITUNES STORE!
- Don't forget, Android users - we are now on the Google Play Store!!
- We're also FINALLY on Stitcher, so head over there if that's your preferred platform!
- Follow along on Instagram and Twitter @eduPUNXpod!
As noted in this episode, there will be no episode next week, as In Between Spins will be going on hiatus for a while - and we could use a monthly break, as you probably could, too.
Thanks so much for tuning in and we will be back this weekend with an extra episode!
Up the punx!
Let's get to work.