60: Top Albums of 2018 (with Casey & Scott)
60: Top Albums of 2018
(with Casey & Scott)
WELCOME TO THE SEASON 3 PREMIERE OF THE EDUPUNX PODCAST!
Before we jump back into the world of punk education and the DIY scene, we’re gonna have a full-fledged chat about the top albums of 2018 - as chosen by Craig and two of his friends, Casey Arn and Scott Hayden. All three are in an ongoing 2-3 year long text thread that is all music all the time - and some political banter as well - which is expected. But this discussion is nonstop music! AND you get to hear a bunch of songs from our top albums of the year!
We will be back next week with THREE record label owners to discuss their paths to creating their labels and what they look for in bands and how to sustain something that can be pretty challenging as if grows - or, in one label’s case, intentionally maintain a modest size.
This episode contains the following songs from our top albums of the year (in order):
- “Night Shift,” Lucy Dacus
- “Show You A Body,” Haley Heynderickx
- “Caution,” Tiny Moving Parts
- “Upside Down,” The Story so Far
- “The Aftermath,” Rolo Tomassi
- “What Have We Done,’ Can’t Swim
- “High Pressure,” Turnstile
- “Bellyache,” Spanish Love Songs
- “Calm E,” Culture Abuse
- “Friday Forever,” Trophy Eyes
- “Julia (or, ‘Holy to the LORD’ on the Bells of Horses),” mewithoutYou
- “Lich Prince,” Foxing
ART OF SURVIVAL UPDATE
We've officially rebranded The Art of Survival and launched a revamping of our website - artissurvival.com! Check out the MANY resources we have available and please feel free to read our stories and share your own!
We are also excited to announce a brand new Patreon account - so if you would like to support our work, please check out your options of how to do so! Even $5/month can go a long way!
Check out the link here:
And if you haven't noticed, we're dedicating ourselves to the music scene moving forward - so if your band/venue would like to work with us, please reach out!
- This week, you got to learn about the ConnectEDU Network, of which this podcast is now a contributing member!
- ConnectEDU Network connects the unique perspectives and expert insight of higher education through podcasting. If you’re affiliated with higher education – from professor to director of marketing – you’ll be able to find a podcast that fits your style. Our podcasts are produced and hosted by passionate and innovative members of the field, all fueled by the excitement of the future of higher education.
- You should check out all of the Network’s content creators and podcasts right now if you’re looking for some new education-based pods!
And you can now join our Facebook community by CLICKING HERE!
FOLLOW, RATE, REVIEW, SUBSCRIBE, AND SHARE!
- Any love on the iTunes app helps! CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE ITUNES STORE!
- Don't forget, Android users - we are now on the Google Play Store!!
- We're also FINALLY on Stitcher, so head over there if that's your preferred platform!
- Follow along on Instagram and Twitter @eduPUNXpod!
Thanks so much for tuning in - we will be back next week with a cool giveaway announcement and a brand new episode with THREE people!!
Up the punx!
Let's get to work.