12: Victoria Malaney & Multi-Racial Identity Development
12: Victoria Malaney &
Multi-Racial Identity Development
WELCOME BACK TO THE EDUPUNX PODCAST!
This week, I feature a very good friend of mine who is doing great research and work in the field of multi-racial identity development! Victoria Malaney is a doctoral student at UMass Amherst, where she is pursuing a doctorate in Higher Education Administration. We were cohort mates during graduate school at UMass Amherst, so we have spent plenty of time discussing a myriad of topics over the last few years. We also get into Victoria's work in the Dean of Students Office at UMass Amherst, as well as the work she does with Intergroup Dialogue - work that started in her undergraduate experience at Skidmore College. It was great to have another with her on this episode! of the podcast! I hope you enjoy the chat.
- Learn more about the CMA Multi-Racial Network, which is hosted by the American College Personnel Association, by visiting http://www.myacpa.org/standing-committee-multicultural-affairs-multiracial-network-mrn.
- To learn more about how to become an Americorps VISTA, visit https://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorpsvista.
- Victoria mentioned the opening of a new Center for Leadership, Teaching, and Learning at Skidmore College, which is ran by her mentor, Kristie Ford.
- You can also snag a copy of "Facilitating Change through Intergroup Dialogue," by Kristie Ford -and make sure to read the chapter that Victoria contributed!
- And if you're up for a mandatory book for all student affairs professionals/educators, please take a few moments and read, "Pedagogy of the Oppressed," by Paulo Freire. You can get cheap copies of it really anywhere!
- Once again, our music sponsor for the week is Sounds and Tones Records! You can check out more about the label at www.soundsandtonesrecords.com. And you listen to their bands and buy merch at www.soundsandtonesrecords.bandcamp.com!
- This week's featured songs are "San Francisco Bay," by Izzy Heltai off of “Izzy Heltai and Secret Creature," as well as "Watch the World Go By," by Darling Valley off of the new album, “Watch the World Go By."
- Today's episode is selfishly sponsored by my own nonprofit, The Art of Survival! You can check out more about what we do for survivors of trauma, by visiting www.artissurvival.com.
FOLLOW, RATE, REVIEW, SUBSCRIBE, AND SHARE!
- Any love on the iTunes app helps! CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE ITUNES STORE!
- Follow along on Instagram and Twitter @eduPUNXpod!
Thanks so much for tuning in and I'll see you next week!
Up the punx!
Let's get to work.
- May 2019 2
- April 2019 2
- February 2019 2
- January 2019 3
- December 2018 1
- November 2018 2
- October 2018 2
- September 2018 4
- August 2018 4
- July 2018 3
- June 2018 4
- May 2018 6
- April 2018 5
- March 2018 6
- February 2018 5
- January 2018 4
- December 2017 3
- November 2017 3
- October 2017 7
- September 2017 4
- August 2017 4
- July 2017 4
- June 2017 4