55X: James & Craig
left the microphone on and just kept talking
WELCOME TO THE EDUPUNX PODCAST!
James Ikeda is a high school History teacher, DIY musician, and an all-around brilliant human being. James is the type of person to have a lot of projects and ideas and energy to do cool creative work outside of the classroom. This extra episode features a special look into the friendship and shared sense of humor between Craig and James. The microphone was turned on to start recording the second segment of the episode, and instead they both got distracted just flew into many topics and even some ASMR occurred! Hope you dig this fun bonus episode!
- This week we shared tunes from James’ new LP as The Michael Character called, "That’s Why I Call Him Zachy," which comes out on September 27!
- The Michael Character is a brilliant folk punk educator who will play your living room, basement, or laundry room - this episode features the song, “Literally My Masters Thesis,” which is off of his previous album, “Fame Swoll.” And yes, it’s literally his Masters thesis.
- The new LP comes out September 27, BUT all of his music already available FOR FREE DOWNLOAD on his bandcamp site, so you have no reason to not download this album right now!
As always, you can CHECK OUT THE NEW SPOTIFY PLAYLIST!
FOLLOW, RATE, REVIEW, SUBSCRIBE, AND SHARE!
- Any love on the iTunes app helps! CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE ITUNES STORE!
- Don't forget, Android users - we are now on the Google Play Store!!
- We're also FINALLY on Stitcher, so head over there if that's your preferred platform!
- Follow along on Instagram and Twitter @eduPUNXpod!
Thanks so much for tuning in and we will be back soon with a special extra episode!
Up the punx!
Let's get to work.