15: Matt Nazario-Miller & Social Media Marketing in Student Affairs
Matt Nazario-Miller &
Social Media Marketing in Student Affairs
WELCOME TO THE EDUPUNX PODCAST
Matt Nazario-Miller is a fantastic human being who has turned his loves of the marketing world and student affairs into a full-time gig by becoming the Social Media Specialist at UC Davis for their office of Student Affairs Marketing Communications. As someone who did a graduate thesis on student engagement through social media, I was eager to chat with Matt about the topic of social media because even I have a bunch to learn.
This is one of the most focused conversations of the podcast so far - with great reason, because it's important to focus on how to truly engage students through social media. Plain and simply, it isn't easy - but there are some great tips and suggestions discussed throughout this chat if you are making changes to your approach to social. We also get into it about the perceptions of millennial professionals in student affairs - and in the world, in general.
- If you want to check out more about the work that Matt does at UC Davis, visit his office's website and explore the services they offer!
- Matt is the head moderator of the Millennials in Student Affairs Facebook page - so if you meet this parameter, please check out the community!
- Matt just finished reading "The Book of Joy," which is a series of conversations between the Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu.
- I was stoked to hear that Matt has been enjoying Gravity Falls lately because it's an amazing cartoon.
- He also turned me onto the new show, "Gaycation," which stars Ellen Page, so I really need to start watching this one!
- Matt, like the rest of the world, is obsessed with the new Paramore album, "After Laughter," so if you've slept on it, you really gotta remedy that.
- But Matt's ride-or-die music love is Best Coast! West Coast, best coast!
- This week, I am featuring tunes from my friends at 6131 Records! You can learn more about the bands they support and even buy some physical copies of their albums, as well as other distributed titles and other merch by visiting 6131records.com!
- You can hear more from the new Sammi Lanzetta EP, "For Avery," THIS FRIDAY! And you can order a cassette of the EP by visiting the 6131 Records store. You get an immediate download of the song, "Circles," which I played on this episode.
- The tracks you heard from the Thunder Dreamer album, "Capture," were "You Know Me," and "St. Malo." Definitely visit the 6131 store if you wanna snag a vinyl, CD, or digital copy!
- Alex McElroy's new chapbook, "Daddy Issues," is OUT NOW! You can order your copy by visiting AlexMcElroy.org or through The Cupboard Pamphlet at thecupboardpamphlet.org.
- You can also check out some sweet visual trailers that were released in promotion for "Daddy Issues," by visiting Youtube.
- And if you haven't listened to it yet, you can hear my chat with Alex on the second episode of this podcast!
FOLLOW, RATE, REVIEW, SUBSCRIBE, AND SHARE!
- Any love on the iTunes app helps! CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE ITUNES STORE!
- Follow along on Instagram and Twitter @eduPUNXpod!
Thanks so much for tuning in and I'll see you next week!
Up the punx!
Let's get to work.
- August 2019
- July 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017