In Between Spins 004 - Getting to the Gig
WELCOME TO THE NEW IN BETWEEN SPINS!
This month, we talk about the gig - booking gigs, attending gigs, and how one gets to the gig. Jaclyn O'Connell is back with me this month - and we're joined by Lesley University senior, Kaera Wyse, who books gigs, attends gigs, and loves encouraging people to get to the gig. Kaera also has a knack for intentionally booking diverse lineups with the expressed intent to create better representation in the DIY scene. We dig into how to construct bills, what our ideal bills look like, and whether it's okay to show up to a gig late, or to leave early. There's a lot to cover in this one and we really dig into it. Hope you enjoy!
This episode featured a bunch of new tunes!
Here's a full list of the jams you heard this week:
- "Lay Low," by Fiddlehead
- "Somewhere a Judge," Hop Along
- "Cubic Zirconia," No Thank You
- "Hollow Body," Many Rooms
- "Capture the Flag," War on Women
- "Rituals," Rolo Tomassi
- "Regan," Tuxis Giant
- "Symmetry," Wye Oak
- "Buffalo Buffalo," Spanish Love Songs
As always, you can CHECK OUT THE SPOTIFY PLAYLIST!
Make sure you follow Jaclyn's project over at inbetweenspins.com - and follow on Twitter and Instagram to check out all of the goodies she's gonna share with the world! And check out her YouTube channel!
FOLLOW, RATE, REVIEW, SUBSCRIBE, AND SHARE!
- Any love on the iTunes app helps! CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE ITUNES STORE!
- Don't forget, Android users - we are now on the Google Play Store!!
- We're also FINALLY on Stitcher, so head over there if that's your preferred platform!
- Follow along on Instagram and Twitter @eduPUNXpod!
Thanks so much for tuning in and we will be back on Wednesday with a new episode!
Up the punx!
Let's get to work.