9: Greg Jungwirth & Being a Doctor
9: Greg Jungwirth &
Being a Doctor
WELCOME BACK TO THE EDUPUNX PODCAST!
This week I am chatting with one of my eldest friends, Greg Jungwirth! Greg and I go way back - all the way back to McNary High School in Keizer, Oregon. Back then it was a lot of playing poker on the weekends, making crappy movies, and playing pickup sports whenever we could. Today, we're both very educated and Greg is now a Resident Physician at Valley Medical Center in Renton, Washington!
While I was (and am) a major goofball, Greg is the smartest person I know - while also being a goofball. So it was very cool to have a serious conversation, as adults, about healthcare and what it's like maneuvering the complicated minefield of being a doctor. I learned SO MUCH in this conversation, as we dove into the shady backroom deals that were being made in the recent attempts to repeal the Affordable Care Act and what that uncertainty looked like in his medical center. I hope you enjoy learning today!
Here's some stuff that Greg and I mentioned during this episode!
- Check out Greg's physician profile at Valley Medical center by visiting their site!
- Greg makes a great reference to a recent episode of Adam Ruins Everything, which focused on the costs of hospitals - you can check out a clip of this episode here.
- A big James bond fan, Greg ranks his favorites as “Skyfall," “The Man with the Golden Gun,” and “Goldeneye," which in all fairness is the only answer.
- Greg and I are both big nerds for the album, “Deja Entendu,” by Brand New - takes me back.
- I genuinely did not know that Greg was a big Kurt Vonnegut fan, but I was glad to hear that he also loved the lesser known brilliant piece, "Godbless You, Mr. Rosewater," which contains a lot of great messages that we could use today.
- Another consistency in our friendship is our love of the movie, "Snatch," which is Greg's favorite movie, and my second favorite - only behind "the Big Lebowski."
- Big thanks to our record label sponsor of the week, Near Mint Records, for providing this week's tunes. Make sure to check out more tunes from Near Mint by visiting wearenearmint.com!
- This week's tunes come from the new Boy Rex album, "Better Vision." It's one of my favorite albums of the year this year so far!
- Make sure to check out more work from Boy Rex by visiting theboyrex.bandcamp.com or theboyrex.com - you can snag physical copies of their tunes and/or stream it all there!
- You can also check out their current tour dates with Tyler Daniel Bean! Get to the gig!
- This week's episode is sponsored by Plucking Yew Promotions and Matt Palmer Media. Are you an artist or musician? Do you need some quick design work done? Reach out to Matt Palmer! He's an incredibly talented based in the midwest and would love to help you out! Visit mattpalmermedia.com for more info on how to commission work from him!
FOLLOW, RATE, REVIEW, SUBSCRIBE, AND SHARE!
- Any love on the iTunes app helps! CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE ITUNES STORE!
- Follow along on Instagram and Twitter @eduPUNXpod!
See you next week!
Let's get to work.
- February 2019 1
- January 2019 3
- December 2018 1
- November 2018 2
- October 2018 2
- September 2018 4
- August 2018 4
- July 2018 3
- June 2018 4
- May 2018 6
- April 2018 5
- March 2018 6
- February 2018 5
- January 2018 4
- December 2017 3
- November 2017 3
- October 2017 7
- September 2017 4
- August 2017 4
- July 2017 4
- June 2017 4