53: Andi Macone & Recovery through Fitness
53: Andi Macone &
Recovery through Fitness
WELCOME TO THE EDUPUNX PODCAST!
Andi Macone is the New England Youth & Young Adult Program Manager for Phoenix Multisport, which is an active sober community dedicated to supporting those in recovery from addiction and substance use disorder. Andi is also Craig's former colleague at UMass Boston. The two have had a wonderfully supportive relationship over the last two years. Both are also in recovery, so this conversation focuses on recovery, fitness, and how it can be hard to stay in control of our lives when responsibilities begin to stack up.
Craig recently started attending classes at The Phoenix (primarily at the suggest and support of Andi) and has already felt incredibly welcomed by the community. The Phoenix fosters human connections in mental, physical and spiritual fitness, which is a powerful way to rebuild wounded bodies and spirits, and restore hope. The organization offers CrossFit and climbing, to hiking, running, cycling, yoga and more. The only membership fee is 48 hours of continuous sobriety. Ever since beginning at the Phoenix, Craig cannot stop sharing how much the community is creating a renowned sense of purpose for his recovery and fitness goals.
- This week we shared tunes from the new Snow Roller album, "Y2K," which comes out on September 28 through Slang Church and Near Mint.
- We featured the songs, "Bus 23," "Kings of Hartford," and "Mr. Longo" on this episode!
- Near Mint is releasing the physical copies of the album, so if you want a vinyl copy, a test pressing, or even some shirts, visit wearenearmint.com to get some today!
- Two of the singles are currently available FOR DOWNLOAD on his bandcamp site, but you can stream the entire LP in a matter of weeks, so get your preorder today!
As always, you can CHECK OUT THE NEW SPOTIFY PLAYLIST!
- This week we hyped up Half Access - which is the nonprofit founded by our eighth guest, Cassie Wilson. Half Access was started with the purpose of amassing as much venue accessibility information as possible to inform venues across the country and the world about how to better construct and renovate spaces to accommodate the needs of disabled music goers.
- Half Access has launched a brand new website! Visit HalfAccess.org to sign up for updates from the organization. You can also reach out to Cassie and volunteer your time to supporting the cause of making music venues for inclusive and accessible so that our communities can truly thrive.
And as always, you can now join our Facebook community by CLICKING HERE!
FOLLOW, RATE, REVIEW, SUBSCRIBE, AND SHARE!
- Any love on the iTunes app helps! CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE ITUNES STORE!
- Don't forget, Android users - we are now on the Google Play Store!!
- We're also on Stitcher, so head over there if that's your preferred platform!
- Follow along on Instagram and Twitter @eduPUNXpod!
Thanks so much for tuning in and we will be back next week with a new episode!
Up the punx!
Let's get to work.