028X: Vince Filak & Battling Fake News
Vince Filak &
Battling Fake News
WELCOME TO AN XTRA EPISODE OF THE EDUPUNX PODCAST!
This is a special episode of the eduPUNX Podcast focused on fake news. Katy, Craig, and Vince get into what is fake news, what is satire, and what is misinformation. Katy and Craig ask Vince a few of the what-about-isms that have been thrown around these days.
As a reminder, Vince recently released his latest book, "Dynamics of News Reporting & Writing: Foundations for a Digital Age," which is now the Number one book on Amazon's list of new Journalism books! It's such a perfect release because we dig into a lot of the intricacies of what it has been like for Vince to learn the evolution of journalism alongside the development of social media and other digital technologies.
As mentioned in the podcast, we also want to make sure we share Vince's constantly updating website, DynamicsofWriting.com - you can get all of the news about web writing, journalism, and fresh takes on plenty of national news pieces that are trending in real time.
- In this episode, you heard tunes from the new HIKES EP, "Lilt." This was my personal favorite EP of 2017, and I am excited to share it with you this week, courtesy of Community Records.
- Community Records is a DIY record label based in New Orleans, that views itself less like a label and more like a collaborative community focused on promoting good music and connecting people through that music.
- If you like what you hear, please check out Hikes.Band or Hikes.bandcamp.com or visit CommunityRecords.org to snag yourself a copy of the new HIKES EP - or any of the other fantastic releases Community Records has put out!
As always, you can CHECK OUT THE NEW SPOTIFY PLAYLIST!
FOLLOW, RATE, REVIEW, SUBSCRIBE, AND SHARE!
- Any love on the iTunes app helps! CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE ITUNES STORE!
- Don't forget, Android users - we are now on the Google Play Store!!
- Follow along on Instagram and Twitter @eduPUNXpod!
Thanks so much for tuning in and I'll see you next week!
Up the punx!
Let's get to work.