025: Dan O'Hara & Leaving Education to Craft Beer
& Leaving Education
to Craft Beer
WELCOME BACK TO THE EDUPUNX PODCAST!
Dan O'Hara is an Associate Director of Residence Life at Champlain College...for now. Dan is on his way of education after a decade in the field. In this chat, we dig into Dan's experience as a truly authentic and tattooed professional. We also get into the next step of Dan's of life - working in a craft brewery in Burlington, Vermont! Dan is PSYCHED for his new life outside of education, but that's doesn't mean he is leaving easily - there's a lot that he's gonna miss. We hope you like this chat and that it sheds some light on why folks leave the field and what it looks like to find a new passion later in life!
- Dan is leaving the world of education to work with Foam Brewers in Burlington!
- Get yourself a copy of "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay," by Michael Chabon.
- Just like me, Dan is a big fan of Futurama!
- Absolutely love that Dan quoted, "Local Man Ruins Everything," by the Wonder Years.
- Dan has been all about the powerful new Julien Baker album, "Turn Out the Lights."
- And for all time, Dan's a big lover of Belle and Sebastian.
- This week you get to hear from TWO bands from the folks at Howling Frequency Records because we are featuring the new Mineva/Brunettes split!
- If you like what you hear, please visit howlingfrequency.bandcamp.com! You can get the digital album at a name your own price rate, or even snag one of 50 cassettes that are available!?
- You can also follow the bands individually online! Check out Mineva at minevact.bandcamp.com! And Brunettes at brunettesct.bandcamp.com!
- This week we hyped the vinyl subscription service, Table Turned!
- Table-Turned is a DIY record-of-the-month club. Subscribers select from two genre options and receive a record each month for that genre, including some “classics” as well as albums they may have missed.
- Right now, folks can subscribe for either the Noise Rock genre option or the Americana Punk genre option $175 for an entire year. You can also subscribe month-to-month for $15 a month. This option only lasts until December 31, when their month-to-month option expires until the next round. Round Two’s records ship before January 1 - so RESERVE YOUR COPIES NOW!
- To learn more and/or to start your subscription, visit Table-Turned.com!
FOLLOW, RATE, REVIEW, SUBSCRIBE, AND SHARE!
- Any love on the iTunes app helps! CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE ITUNES STORE!
- Follow along on Instagram and Twitter @eduPUNXpod!
Thanks so much for tuning in and I'll see you next week!
Up the punx!
Let's get to work.